Knox Box Program
The Boca Grande Fire Department is an active participant and supporter of the Knox Box Program. For additional information, please read the following:
The KNOX-BOX® Rapid Entry System was specifically developed for the fire department.
With one master key, we can gain access to commercial and residential property. More than 9,000 departments nationwide use Knox® key boxes, vaults, Haz-Mat cabinets, key switches, locking FDC caps, and padlocks.
Many of these departments use Sentralok® or KeySecure®, master key security systems, to control the Knox Master Key. Property owners in our community can store entrance keys, access cards and floor plans in high-security Knox-Boxe® key boxes mounted near the building entrance.
Each KNOX-BOX purchased by the property owner is keyed to a single master key controlled by our department. With the Knox System, there is no cost to the fire department, no waiting for a property owner to unlock the door in the middle of the night, and no forcing the door open to gain entry. The Knox Rapid Entry System reduces response time, property damage and the liability for lost keys.
Ten good reasons to install a Knox Box system
- Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your Insurance deductible.
- Assure immediate building entry by firefighters without delay or waiting for building keys.
- Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off.
- Satisfy local fire codes and emergency access ordinances.
- Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your establishment at 2:00 am for a false alarm.
- Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building/residence is left unattended. The Fire Department holds the only key to the Knox-Box.
- Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
- Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time, low cost investment.
- Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
- Over the last 27 years, Knox-Box has been the chosen solution in 7,000 communities nationwide – communities just like ours!
How do I order a Knox Box?
- Contact and consult with the Boca Grande Fire Department
- Ask for a Authorization/Order Form
- Complete all of the information requested on the form
- Obtain an authorized signature from the fire dept.
- Send your order with payment to the Knox Company
If you have any further questions feel free to call the Knox Company at 800-552-5669 or you can visit the Knox website at www.knoxbox.com. Otherwise, please call our fire department at 941-964-2908.